CNS constitutes the technical basis of State ATM Corporation’s main operational activity.
The Enterprise’s branches operate over 20.000 CNS aids. A continuous and safe operation of this equipment is ensured by some 9.000 engineers.
The Department provides:
- maintenance and development of CNS aids, facilities and systems;
- planning, development and implementation of programs and projects of technical upgrade, modernization, and maintenance of CNS aids, facilities and systems;
- implementation of a unified technical policy with respect to operation, maintenance, modernization, and development of CNS aids, facilities and systems in accordance with the ICAO ATM Operational Concept and CNS/ATM technologies implementation plans.
Main areas of activity:
- maintenance and modernization management of air traffic services (ATS) systems;
- maintenance and modernization management of radar and radio navigation systems;
- maintenance and modernization management of aeronautical telecommunication;
- maintenance and modernization management of ATS electrical power supply units;
- maintenance management of ground-based facilities and construction of ATS units;
- contract management in respect of CNS aids;
- introduction of advanced CNS aids and implementation of special programs.